Friday, February 02, 2007

In Multiples.

I guess I've been too busy to write here for the last several days. The many projects I/we are working on have really kept me face-to-face with the computer screen staring at waveforms.

The new Halou track we're working on has developed a little bit. After the installation of Battery 3, I was able to get some really amazing drums onto the second verse. The leap in quality between Battery 2 and 3 is just unbelievable. I'm really loving the vocal melody and the way the track develops as it goes along. I'll most likely record some acoustic guitars this afternoon.

The Rigil project for Dynamophone is progressing well, also. I've dramatically enhanced the track that has been most problematic. The ending now features several different guitar things and I'm contemplating extending the ending quite a bit. We're all very excited about how this release is shaping up. Could become a highlight of 2007 for our catalog.

Last night, I spent a couple hours on 'Cantus' by Evan's Curium project. Essentially, an extended ambient piece propelled by a Latin incantation, I primarily focused on eq/compression and spatializing. The results are sounding promising and this should be finished up and ready for release very soon.

RYAN

No comments: