Sunday, January 28, 2007

New Song Begins.

Last night I put together the beginnings of a new song (finally). I have wrapped up all the software installations and can now get back to making music, which feels really good. As always, I go long periods in between writing Halou songs, but I usually do them in clusters.

This one, for now, we will call 'January' and we will track its progress here on the blog and see how it ends up.

Last night, I focused on coming up with a percussion figure to anchor the track. Once I had that going, it was easy to find complimentary instrumentation and some of the new tools I've been gathering made it incredibly easy. Rebecca, in typical fashion, hummed along from the beginning and had a solid vocal going right away.

Next time, I'll try to get some video of work on the track...

RYAN

No comments: