Saturday, January 27, 2007

Back-end Bits

I imagine this might be as fun to read as it is to write - which is to say, 'perhaps not very' - but I persist.

I have been working quite steadily on Dynamophone-related business for the past week, filling my days with mixing, recording and hypothesizing about how to get the most out of the audio one is given. Thankfully, the audio I've been given is quite good, so the challenge is for me to present it in the best possible light. Prerequisite for this being, of course, that I shall get no sleep - and should sleep come, I must dream of rising oceans that swallow low-lying lands and force one to make tough decisions about what size wooden plank is sufficient to use as transport across the angry sea. The short version of this story is that I'm pleased with where I'm at on the Rigil project and the first 'serious' mixes are sounding good to my ear with mainly small tweaking and fun, creative things left to do.

On the Halou side, I have been editing quite a bit of video footage for various things. Video is strange in that we've all been cultured to expect a certain level of 'quality' (dare I use the word?) having grown up in front of television sets. I guess what I mean is, we all know crap when we see it. I have been exposed to just about my fill of crap video lately and, hence, have been putting in some effort learning ways to navigate around that outcome. More on this as things develop.

RYAN

No comments: