Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Saturation.

With regard to musical activity, 2007 is already looking a lot like 2005 for me. Busy.

Rebecca and I are far along on another new Halou track - this one sounding less like any previous Halou material than any of the new tracks. It feels great when that happens. Very much against the idea of repeating previous ideas and goddamn electronic music clichés, though it becomes more and more clear as we go that this is more in the ear of the listener than anything else...

I managed to put together some music for a new short film called 'Sweet Candy.' This project is being produced/directed by the same team that did 'Quality Of Life' and I've contributed 3 songs - one of which is a preliminary version of a new Invisible Ballet track.

I'm also putting together a short release comprised of rethought versions from the 'Beneath Trembling Lanterns' album for Dynamophone. Most likely to be part of the new 'Parcel' series of releases, this will likely consist of around 20 minutes of fairly ambient reworkings of a few of those songs. I'm very excited about the way it's sounding so far and I think it will make a nice companion to the album. The packaging is also going to be something else...

I'm awaiting more tracks from Rigil for production/mixing. I think he's settled on the name 'Concertina Heart' for the album, which just seems to fit so nicely with the tone of the material. This will be a special release, I think. We should see it out in the fall of this year, I think.

I'm also in the preliminary stages of work with two new aquaintances, Yousuf and Amman Abassi, whom I will be working with on their upcoming debut album for Dynamophone. This also promises to be something fantastic as the rough tracks are already favorites.

RYAN

No comments: