Saturday, December 02, 2006

Rebecca's Reload Recap

We had an amazing time in San Francisco at Reload the other night and we're so grateful to everyone who came and made the night so fantastic!

The lofty goal of the evening was to highlight new technologies and how live performance might be more interactive with their use. While we had a few "setbacks" toward achieving that goal, I was pretty content with the fact that it was an awesome evening of live music! That is a feat in and of itself. If ever Corey wants to put on another Reload, I'm in - especially if it's at the DNA Lounge, a fantastic venue.

The Podcast meetup was great. I was impressed with the turnout and thrilled with the enthusiasm of the attendees. I even met one person who had actually changed his last name to "Podcaster." I wonder what he'll be named in 5 years... or even 3...

Black Fiction was a nice surprise. I didn't know what to expect and besides the neckbeards, they were very well received!



One of the greatest parts of the night for me was Zoe Keating. I finally got a chance to get to know her a little better and I was thrilled to discover that she is as wonderful as you might imagine. She may be staying at chez Coseboom in the coming weeks and has promised to consult with us regarding updating our live setup. Oddly enough, we figured out that she was working at the culinary academy when I was a student there!



I have not one complaint about our set. I was so happy and relaxed and comfortable. Our new song went over as well as I had hoped and we were all really excited about sharing some more of the new music we've been working on for the new album. Hopefully, if all goes well, we will have some shows in mid-January and we can add another new one.



To the best of my knowledge, no audio recording of any value exists to chronicle the evening, but we do have loads of video. As soon as one of us has half a moment to catch breath, we'll post some of it online.

Special thanks to Darren for so capably managing our merch booth! You can see him in this photo I found online, slaving away, all bent over there on the right:



-REBECCA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recorded audio from the audience, though it probably has more crowd ambience than you'd like. Is this something you might be interested in?

-James

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah - my email is pronoiac at gmail dot com.

-James