Saturday, December 23, 2006

Massive

So, I've now got NI's Massive installed on the G5 and have had a bit of time to cruise around it and listen to what it can do. Thankfully, the learning curve isn't too steep on this synth as it's rooted in the traditional structures I'm used to, unlike KORE and Guitar Rig, which challenge me a bit.

Massive has got great clarity - everything is loud, buzzy and fuzzy in the right places and the quantity of preset sounds is staggering. If Halou were an out-and-out electronic project, I expect we'd be able to put this thing to use in everything we did. As it is, I suspect I'll be using it mainly for other things.

Nice one.

Ryan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Yesterday, I was walking down the street... Broadway, Manhattan... And I passed by Tower Records. Look like they're finally going out of business (unfortunatly). They had everything for sale 90% off, the last day... There wasn't much left. I ran to the Jazz and Classical sections but everything was gone. So I stopped by the Rock/Pop section... It's not my favorite kind of music but I thought I'd just wander around and pick one album randomly, based on the cover (I'm a designer...). I looked for a while, but nothing sparked any interest until... well, you get the picture ;)

I got "wholness & Separation" for $1.74 - I wasn't expecting much since I had never heard of you guys, I totally left it up to luck... but looks like my instincts are still pretty sharp... I'm listening to your album for the 1st time now and although it's definitely more rock than let's say Anja Garbarek or Beady Bell, I'm really impressed... You might just have converted me the genre! ;)

I'll be listening to you a lot in the next few days...

Thank you for the music, and I wish all of you the best!

Take care.

- Yann (http://minimaldesign.net/)

Halou said...

Yann,

Glad you took a chance and enjoyed it. Never heard of Beady Bell but Anja is brilliant.

Best,

RC