Sunday, December 10, 2006

On The Weekend

The volatile combination of weather and holiday shopping made things quite slow over the past couple of days. Unfortunately, I had little time to spend working on anything much in the studio - apart from cleaning things up now that rehearsals have subsided for the time being.

I did get the opportunity to work with Rebecca on finding a new tempo for the track I've been calling 'Stoplights'. Also found out Rebecca has been calling it 'Breath Makes Smoke'. In any case, we adjusted it upward 11 beats per minute, which is substantial. Typically, I don't move things up or down more than 5 BPM to get it right. I guess we both felt this particular track has the potential to be fairly energetic, which is hard to achieve at lower tempos.

Also, I did the original demo using dodgy synth sounds from Reason so I've been replacing those with real performances to work out what I/we will actually play once we go into the studio proper...

Ryan.

No comments: