Friday, April 27, 2007

Critic.

I've taken 'Critic' from idea/concept to song in the last 24 hours. It now has a few different parts and is remarkably full sounding give how few elements it has so far.

One of the things that's been different with this group of songs is that Rebecca is hearing them much earlier. For the last album, and 'Wiser', in particular, I finished the songs almost completely before I played them for anyone else. I'm not sure why I used to do things that way - probably just from my early days of working by myself. Anyway, now things are more collaborative in all directions and it's working out very, very well.

We'll more or less be taking the weekend off to spend some time with friends and enjoy the weather. Next week, we'll be focusing more on preparations for the upcoming performance in San Francisco. Much has changed since the last one...

RYAN

No comments: