Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Lapse

It's been awhile since we've updated this space and there's been good reason. We've kept our heads down lately and we've managed to get a bit of work done on our various projects.

Work continues on the next proper Halou record. The wide range of material we have to work on is encouraging and shows, even at this early stage, what a different sound this next album will have. We still get the odd 'trip-hop' tag applied to us from time to time and, frankly, I will be happy to see that go away once and for all. I think I speak for all of us when I say we'd like it if all seven of you would start calling us goth. What else are we going to do with all this eyeliner?

Very soon - certainly by the time we perform next on May 9th - I will have 'officially' released my very first instrumental music. I have assumed the name 'The Science Teacher' for the purpose and the short introductory CD will be called 'Paralellism'. There are three tracks contained within and I think they represent quite a different sound than I've put out there before. Dynamophone are showing incredible faith and a shocking lack of commercial acumen by agreeing to put this out.

Perhaps more relevant and interesting to readers of this blog is the upcoming Halou EP compilation entitled 'Skimming'. 'Skimming' is more than an albums worth of tracks we've put out on various EP's over the past few years. Why are we putting exclusive tracks and live material on it? Why not? In fact, this CD will actually contain the new track, 'Skimming' along with live versions of this and that.

RYAN

No comments: