Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Science Teacher.

Just under two months after September 11th, 2001 (call me a Republican - I cite September 11th, then hit you with a dodgy sales pitch), we released our second album, "Wiser" on Nettwerk Records. What followed was the most concentrated string of live dates we have done (which is, sadly, still not many). On one of those nights - in Seattle, WA (where else?) - from the stage, we heard someone refer to me as 'The Science Teacher'. These were the days when the suit/tie/glasses were wardrobe and general unease and discomfort made up my onstage demeanor (they obviously still do). I can remember laughing loudly, pondering how we never really truly 'see' ourselves.

So now, I have just completed three tracks for a short CD that I will release under the name 'The Science Teacher'. This music is different from Halou. Rebecca does sing on one track, but not in the way you're probably familiar with. I would love for you to hear it, but I am quite aware that it is not the kind of thing you can put on at all times of the day.

Anyway, the details:

The Science Teacher: Parallelism
1. On A Haiku Beach
2. Factory Flowers
3. Low Countries

Running time: 17:53

Dynamophone will be releasing this in July as part of their 'Parcel' series of limited 3" CD packages. I will post artwork and pre-order link soon...

RYAN

No comments: